Labyrinths – Where Heaven and Earth Meet
December 14 @ 10:00 am - December 16 @ 5:00 pm£300
This three day workshop will draw on the wisdom of the ancients and the work of William Blake and John Michell to explore the relationship between the human and divine. Within the form and geometry of the labyrinth is a mirror of the cosmos and since ancient times labyrinths have been created as gateways to deeper knowledge and understanding.
on this workshop you will;
- Learn the art of labyrinth design and construction
- Construct labyrinths using compass and rule
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of labyrinth forms – ancient and modern – from around the world: how, why, and for whom are they made
- Explore their significance and symbolism
- Develop your own labyrinth designs and create finger labyrinths and prints
- Explore the themes of Albion and The New Jerusalem
- Create a labyrinth installation at The Chalice Well which will form part of the Winter Solstice Celebrations
The workshop will be facilitated by Tom Bree, Tutor at The Princes School of Traditional Art (PSTA) and Daniel Docherty (PSTA Tutor and Tutor at Sacred Art of Geometry Studios, Emerson College)
Workshop fees include all materials, refreshments and a light lunch.
For more information please email email@example.com, or call Natasha on 01458 831154.
Accommodation is currently available at Chalice Well over the weekend of the workshop for companions to book at usual rates.