- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Flower Crown Workshop with Floral Artist Nina Jane
April 30 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
On your Flower Crown workshop, Nina Jane will show you two different methods and styles using a variation of techniques to help you create your own preferred design for Beltane this year that you can be proud of.
Nina will provide the following per person:
- Rustic wire, binding wire and decorative wire
- Stem tape
- Thin trailing ivy and a selection of seasonal foliage
- Selection of floral blooms suitable to create x 2 designs
- 1 metre of ribbon and a choice of some additional decorative add one
You are requested to bring the following
- Specific flowers or foliage you would like to include within your design if desired
- Any additional ribbons or accessories you want to include in your design (this is optional)
- A pair of secateurs and a pair of sharp scissors to cut ribbon (if you are coming with someone else you can share the ribbon scissors)
- Comfortable practical shoes/boots
The cost of the workshop is £75.00. There are limited spaces available so booking in advance is recommended.
Please arrive 15 mins before the workshop starts. The workshop will start at 10.00 am prompt. Lunch will be provided at 1 to 2.00 pm
Nina will briefly discuss the language and folklore of Beltane foliage and flowers. This will take up to 1 hour after which you will have the rest of the time to create two designs.
Nina will start by showing you how to create a traditional natural woodland twist design head dress, similar to what may have been made and worn throughout pagan history. These are completely organic with no wires or tape involved. Nina will also show you how to wire up your flowers and prepare to make an adjustable wired flower crown which is the most popular and desirable design at present.
You get to take home whatever you make at the workshop and if placed in a fridge overnight they will still look perfect for Beltane the following day.